VISIT ITALY PHOTO CONTEST
WIN A TRIP TO ITALY!
proudly supported by
It's easy! Just follow these steps for your chance to win
Step. 1 complete & send the online entry form
click "I agree" on the below terms & conditions to access the online entry form
Step. 2 send us your best photograph of Italy
email up to 3 photos to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click I agree to the terms and conditions to access the online entry form
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Information on how to enter and the prize form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. The promoter is The Italian State Tourist Board (ABN 59 697 042 188) of Level 2, 140 William Street East Sydney, NSW 2011. Telephone: 02 93572561 (“Promoter”).
3. Subject to clauses 4 and 5, entry is open to all citizens and residents of Australia over the age of 16 years who are able to travel to Italy.
4. Entrants between 16 and up to but not including 18 years old must have their parent’s/guardian’s approval to enter and further, the parent/guardian of the entrant must read and consent to these Terms and Conditions. Parents/guardians may be required by the Promoter to enter into a further agreement as evidence of consent to the minor entering this promotion.
5. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
6. The promotion starts at 10.00am AEST on 15/07/2015 and final entries must be received no later than 5.00pm AEST on 01/03/2016 (“Competition Period”).
7. To be eligible to enter, individuals submit photographs taken between 01/01/2015 - 31/12/2015 at email@example.com and complete the online entry form at www.visitaly.com.au/photocontest and register their name, address, contact number and a valid email address. The photographs will then be published on Facebook (www.facebook.com/italiantouristoffice (and may also appear on Twitter (www.twitter.com/italiantouristo) and Instagram www.instagram.com/italiantouristoffice
8. To enter, individuals must then complete the following steps during the Competition Period:
(a) submit up to 3 photographs; (the prize is only valid for 1 photograph per individual and 1 person cannot claim more than 1 prize).
(b) complete and send the online entry form with full name and a valid email address (for clarity, the name and email address submitted must be the same name and email address as the one used to submit the photograph in clause 7).
(c) If your photograph is selected as a winner we will require a document proving that you as a contestant were in Italy. It could be a boarding pass, a hotel receipt, travel voucher or passport stamp. An acknowledgment will then be sent within a week.
Third party photographs will not be accepted. Only photographs taken from the entrant between 01/01/2015 & 31/12/2015 will be accepted.
9. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, submitted an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation arising out of any such an offence are reserved.
10. Only one (3 photographs) entries are permitted per person during the Competition Period.
11. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
12. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
13. The prize draw will take place at 2.00pm AEST on 1/04/2016 (“Selection Date”) at Italian State Tourist Board, Level 2, 140 William Street, East Sydney NSW 2011. The Italian State Tourist Board may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn.
14. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. The winning photographs of the competition will be chosen by a panel consisting of: The Consul General of Italy, Sydney; A sponsor Representative and; The Director of the Italian State Tourist Board. The prizes will be as follows:
(a) First Prize - One (1) x Economy Class return ticket on Sydney/Melbourne-Italy route. The ticket is not transferable and the validity of this prize will be one month from the date of issue and the validity of the ticket will be six months from the date of issue. Please note that the applicable airport taxes and government levies will have to be paid by the winner at the time of issuance of the ticket. The prize includes 6 nights accommodation in Italy (Rome and Venice), A day tour of Rome and the Vatican, airport transfer and a Rail Pass.
(b) Second Prize - One (1) x a Gourmet Italian Hamper to the value of $100, Courtesy of Casa Italia.
(c) Third Prize - One (1) x 400 page Italy coffee table book + Italy DVD
(d) Fourth Prize - 3 bottles of wine courtesy of the Italian Chamber of Commerce, Sydney.
16. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the Prize are not included. Redemption of the Prize is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer.
17. All other expenses are the responsibility of the Prize winner, including but not limited to, extra accommodation, travel to/from Australian airports, spending money, incidentals, meals, mini-bar, laundry, room service, telephone calls, insurance, taxes, gratuities, service charges, travel insurance and all other ancillary costs.
18. Prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
19. The Prize winner acknowledges that the Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the individual prize supplier(s) and may be subject to additional terms and conditions imposed by third parties. The winner must become acquainted with any such additional terms and conditions prior to accepting the Prize. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility and is not liable for any additional conditions imposed on the taking of the Prize, or for the breach of those conditions by any person.
20. The winner will be notified by email within two (2) business days of the Selection Date and their name will be published on www.facebook.com/italiantouristoffice from 1 April 2016.
21. Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause (as outlined below in clause 23), if for any reason the winner does not claim/take/redeem the Prize (or an element of the Prize) by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the Prize (or that element of the Prize) will be forfeited.
22. If the winner of the Prize is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to the winner's nominated parent or guardian on the winner’s behalf.
23. An additional draw for the Prize, if unclaimed (in accordance with clause 21 above), may take place at 3.00pm AEDST on 01/04/2016 at Italian State Tourist Board, Level 2, 140 William Street, East Sydney NSW 2011. The winner will be notified by email within two (2) business days of the draw and their name will be published at www.facebook.com/italiantouristoffice from 01/04/2016.
24. The Promoter will use its best endeavours to provide the Prize as listed. If the Prize (or any element of the Prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its absolute discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Prize (or that part of the Prize) with a prize of equivalent value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
25. Entrants acknowledge that there may be inherent risks in participating in some aspects of the Prize and that taking the Prize may involve participating in dangerous activities. By entering this promotion and/or accepting the Prize, entrants accept that risk. The Promoter recommends that the winner take out appropriate travel insurance in respect of the Prize. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any personal injury or in respect of any personal belongings, goods or equipment damaged or lost in transit or during any Prize activity.
26. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
27. In participating in a Prize activity, the winner agrees to participate and co-operate as required in all editorial activities relating to this promotion, including but not limited to being interviewed, video
recorded and/or photographed. The winner agrees to grant the Promoter a perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use such audio, footage and/or photographs in all media worldwide and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use. The winner agrees they will not sell or otherwise provide their story, video and/or photographs to any media or other organisation.
28. Entrants declare and take full responsibility that the photographs sent for the competition do not breach copyright or privacy laws.
(a) Entrants declare that any persons appearing in the photographs have given valid consent for appearing in the photograph or have given up any rights associated with the photograph.
(b) After submitting the entry form and photographs, copyright of the photos sent will be given to the promoter (ENIT - The Italian State Tourist Board).
(c) No form of payment, compensation or pre-warning will be given for the photographs sent and published on social media and websites (including the use on third party sites)
(d) Photographs should be sent in JPEG format (maximum 5 Mega bites) to firstname.lastname@example.org as well submitting the online competition form: www.visitaly.com.au/photocontest.
Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a Prize winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
29. Any cost associated with accessing the promotion entry page is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
30. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
31. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorized access or third party interference; (c) any entry or Prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in Prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) redemption of, use of, taking of and/or participating in the Prize.
32. As a condition of accepting the Prize, the winner (and their companion) must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form. In the event a winner or winner’s companion is under the age of 18, a nominated parent/legal guardian of such person will be required to sign the legal documentation required under this clause on their behalf.
Click I agree to the terms and conditions to access the online entry form